Liquid Clorine and Muriatic Acid

vicsin

Sep 17, 2013
I read that many of you use liquid clorine and muriatic acid in your ABG Pool. I thought my local pool store said you should use the powdered stuff. I didn't read anything in the pool manual that said anything either way. What do you all think is the best way. Any advantages to either, or disadvantages? Thank you.

I thought my local pool store said you should use the powdered stuff. Any advantages to either, or disadvantages? Thank you.
Your local pool store is going to tell you to buy the overpriced and many times unneeded things that they sell.

As has been suggested,

Buy a good test kit
Read Pool School
Save money
Have a cleaner pool

The disadvantage is to the owner of your local pool store because you will no longer be assisting with his boat payment and Caribbean vacation this winter.

I admit that I have only had a pool for six months, but it is sparkling clear, no odors and a joy to have. All I have put in it is household bleach and muratic acid.

Just note from what you read here that you should add most concentrated chemicals slowly over a return flow and then lightly brush the side and bottom of the pool where you've added the chemical to ensure thorough mixing. Some cautions from the pool store are because it's easier to sell a product that's less likely to be abused. Then again, it could just be about the money. :roll:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.