Need to stretch liner and refill

May 19, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
We had our liner replaced last year and it was done poorly, leaking at the steps and the guy that did it won't help. Liner replacement was completed in May 2013. Had been leaking but didn't realize how much, we were just filling when needed. The short of it is, now, it is a "True L" and the entire shallow end is dry. it seams the leak is at the bottom of the steps, there is a screw missing and the liner is pulled out there. Also, there is a huge gap, it seems it wasn't cut properly. My question is, where do I get a replacement screw, he apparently lost one and how much will my liner stretch to try and get it closer to the wall and the floor at the bottom of the steps??

Will we just be able to replace this screw and refill out pool?

Any assistance with this very aggrevating issue will be a Godsend! Thank you! :confused:

Lisa Snead

If there is another screw that is easy to access and put back take it out and take the screw to the hardware store or pool supply to find a match. Once a match is found come back and re-install them both. In regards to the liner be very careful in trying to stretch it back as you don't want to damage it.

bbenjamin

Thank you for your reply. I don't know why that didn't occur to me, there are many other screws as they hold the seal in place around the pool steps. I spoke to someone at a different pool company today that informed me that it was in fact cut too short at the steps, she stated (she is co-owner of her company with husband) that it sounds like the guy didn't step on the liner and push it flush against the wall and floor in front of the steps as should be done before attaching the seal with screws.
As far as damage to the liner goes, it is only a year old and has hardly been exposed to chemicals, it is still very pliable, especially in the heat. Even still, I am stuck with the gap under the liner in front of the steps without replacing liner.

Thanks again!!! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.