Need help: replace water or not after algea cleanup?

lipool

Sep 3, 2013
So long story short, several things went wrong over the winter and I found myself faced with a very green pool. After a few days of slamming the pool, brushing, and running the pump 24x7, it is starting to clear up. My question is whether or not I should replace the water once it is fairly clean. The reason I'm asking is that I saw little organisms in the water when I first uncovered the pool. I'm guessing that all of them were killed by the bleach and that most if not all were filtered out, but still feel a bit queasy knowing that they were in there in the first place. I have a vinyl lining and I've read that it's not good to drain all the way, so wondering if I should or should not risk damage to the lining to replace the water. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

There is no reason to replace water, unless you really feel strongly about it. "Stuff" gets into the pool all the time. The chlorine kills it and the filter filters it out and you end up with clean water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.