What do you guys use to aid in breakdown of suntan lotion and other chemcials?

Apr 1, 2014
Mansfield, OH
I know there are items in the stores that you can buy to help breakdown all the oils in lotions that swimmers bring into your pool. Do you guys have any recommendations?
My buddy that has owned a pool all of his life swears by Pool Perfect by Natural Chemistry.

Chlorine maintained at the proper levels does just fine. Assuming a normal 30-50 CYA level, I would recommend raising the FC a few ppm above normal before a heavy bather load. It wouldn't hurt to raise it some afterwards either. It all depends on the CYA level though.

You could ask the people that lather up with the lotion to wait for 20 mins before they jump in. That way some of it will be absorbed in.
There is also a product called a Scum Ball. You put it in the skimmer and it absorbs oils and things like that. Poo store has them and they get fairly good reviews from people on the forum.
I don't have any experience with the pool perfect. ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.