Missing grout causes water loss?

Emarshbuck

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 3, 2013
Hilton Head, SC
We've been loosing about 200 gallons of water daily. I fill the water about 1/3 up the tiles, mark the level with a piece of blue tape. Over nite the water level drops to just about the bottom of the tiles. I've blocked the skimmer line, the 2 return lines, so the lines are all sealed. I've used Waterweld around the pool light to seal it.

There are a few places where the tile grout is missing, particularly near the skimmer. I'm about to call and get some estimates to replace the tile grout.

Suggestions?

Thx

If you don't refill right away the water will drain down to the height of the leak. If the leak is fairly high, i.e. a grout problem, you can let the pool drain a little and then it will stop going down at the height of the leak. That will give you a major hint about where to look for problems.

Ok been watching this for a week now. I fill the pool to 7/8" up the tile. Run the pump for a couple of hours, let it sit over nite. Within 48 hrs, the water level drops to 1/2" above the tile and holds there. Ground off to the side of the skimmer gets very wet, call it "mushy".

Weir is missing.

Can a skimmer be replaced? Do I know it's the skimmer? There are no leaks around the pumping station. I closed off the skimmer line and returns for a couple of days and still lost the water.

Suggestions?

Still waiting for local pool service to perform pressure test on lines. Is this something I can do myself?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.