SWG Cell - New or Rebuilt & Where to Buy

Gigi3

May 19, 2014
North Texas
Welcome to TFP! I started a new Thread for your post. Please start a new Thread whenever you have a question or new topic as opposed to posting your question on someone else's Thread (we call that practice "hijacking"). Plus, posting your question in a new Thread is more likely to get responses. --BoDarville, TFP Moderator

One of my Aquapure 1400 (square) cells has failed. I am in the process of selling my home and need to get a replacement that will pass an upcoming inspection, anyone have a though about a rebuilt unit, where is the best place to buy one?

Hello Gigi3,
I just went through this same process last week. I asked the same question and did a fair amount of research both here and on other sites and eventually decided it just wasn't worth the $80-$100 savings to buy anything other than a new OEM cell. There were only a few comments from people who purchased either rebuilt Hayward or another brand cell and a couple of those had problems within a couple of years. I ended up buying a Hayward Turbo Cell T-15 on Amazon for about $450 including tax and one day shipping. After a quick and easy install all is good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.