JimB

Jul 5, 2008
Hey all. I was turned on to this site by a neighbor. I just started going through the Pool School.

The one thing that sold my kids on our current home was the pool, an 18ft above ground (we have a 24ft now.) I used one of the local pool stores for testing and chemicals. I never walked out of that store without spending $150 on chemicals and three pages of instructions. One summer the pool turned green. After hundreds of dollars they finally told me, "We don't know what's wrong." I decided to drain the pool to scrub it out good. When drained, I noticed all these little 'pit marks' on the bottom. Someone told me of a Mom&Pop lawn & garden store that also does some pool work. They told me not to use the powder stuff. They like the liquid stuff. Things were good for the last five years. Well, they went out of business so this year back to the first store. You guessed it...$$$$$$$. They don't like the liquid so I used the powdered chlorine again. I spent the next seven days brushing the pool four or five times a day to get all that Crud dissolved. The pool turned green and the store tells me I must be doing it wrong. :grrrr: Another friend told me to go to a different store. The people, there, and I got along fabuously :-D And now I'm here. My neighbor told me that she has disposed of all of the $$$ chemicals and will start using your BBB method.

Well, back to school.

Thanks for letting me blow off some steam

JimB

woops. upon previewing this, I see one to many zeros my pool is actually 13,500gal

Welcome to TFP :wave:
There is a lot of great information on this site and plenty of great people to help you out.
Make sure you have a GOOD test kit, check-out the pool school and use the pool calculator.
Get accurate test results! Accuracy is very important! Also be patient, give the chemicals time to do their job and you should be fine. Keep surfin the site and enjoy. One more thing, check out the BBB method.
This site is the BEST!
Good Luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.