hot tub jet

mastercaster

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 3, 2007
Leander, TX
we have a new pool and spa. the spa has 6 jets. one of the jets barely blows any water or air. the builder says this is refered to as a ******* jet. says that it is the last jet in line and therefore blows less. just seems that when in spa mode and everything is being pumped back into the spa it would easily run 6 jets. does this sound normal?

No that is not normal. It might be clogged, there might not be enough flow from the pump, it might have been plumbed wrong, etc. Any way you look at it the builder should get it working at least once or give you money back.

Do you have any pictures of the plumbing before it got enclosed? Can you tell us what size/model of pump you have and what kind of jets are installed? With some more information we might be able to figure out what is going on.

MC,
As Jason has already stated, some specs on your pool/ spa equipment will be helpful. I have 8 jets in my spa and not a one of them is any less forceful than the other. Although I have adjustable jets (can control the output from the jet) you should not have the trouble you are claiming to have. Have you at least unscrewed the cover of the one jet to make sure you have no obstructions? Keep us posted.

well, i wound up taking the jet apart myself. there was a rock in there blocking flow. the contractor is really losing steam now that the job is almost complete. getting him to come back for anything is a real task now. he still has a few things to complete before final payment though. as they say, if you want something done right, do it yourself! i shoud have built the Dang pool. :roll:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.