AquaRite operation question.

mgarf33

Oct 27, 2013
I have a T-Cell15 AquaRite SWCG, for my 24k gal inground pool.

After reading the manual, I was under the impression that the unit continues to produce chlorine until the water flow stops, thus breaking the flow switch.

My question is, shouldn't the cell be drawing current shown on the display while it's generating?

I set it earlier at 50% and it was showing current and instant salinity, but now it's showing 0 for both of those readings.
It will show readings if I turn up the dial to 75%, as I also will hear a click inside the panel assuming those are contacts being made to send power to the cell.

There are no diagnostic lights on, other than power and generating.
I wasn't aware it had a chlorine level sensor of some sort.

The % is the amount of time it generates. So at 50% will only show amps and salinity half the time while it is generating.

It will cycle on and off multiple times a day.

Ahh, thank you for clarifying that, I don't remember reading that anywhere in the manual.
So, I am to assume the pump running 24 hrs a day will render 12 hrs of operation.
Is that a good starting point for my size pool?
Btw, full Sun from 8am til 3:30pm, then partial til 6:30pm

Way longer than should be required. Most people only need to rub they pump 6 hours at most to keep the pool clean, then adjust the SWG output as required.

See the article in the How To section of Pool School about pump run time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.