Just got test kit after SLAM failure

FC 0
PH 7.2
TA 70
CH 130
CYA 30? (black dot goes away when tube is filled to top)

I just added 100oz of borax to bring Ph up to 7.6

I started researching this site at the end of pool season last year after having a hard time with my pool for 3 years prior. I ended up throwing my hands in the air and ignoring my pool all fall and winter. We had two ice storms here this winter, which we normally don't have at all, and we had huge branches and smaller branches from our pine tress in the pool. Took me 2 weeks, 3 hours a day just to clear out debris from pool.

I tried SLAMing my pool 2-3 weeks ago without a test kit. It made it not a swamp anymore but is still extremely cloudy. I stopped with chlorine/bleach until I got my test kit, which I received today. Above are my results.

What I want to know is what should I work on first. My calcium hardness? Should I SLAM the pool again before adding stabilizer? Just need a little direction before I try again.

I'm including pictures of pre-SLAM and after(which is from tonight)

Attachments

• green.jpg
    green.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 52
  • cloudy.jpg
    cloudy.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 53
Ignore your CH for now.

Looks to me like you can start the SLAM anytime. Use 30 as your CYA value so you should be bringing the chlorine up to about 12 ppm each time you test.

Make sure your filter is clean and working well before you start. Your water looks pretty decent already so filtration will be very important to get it completely sparkling.

Review that SLAM article in Pool School and get started!!! We'll all help if you need it!

After the SLAM is complete, you can adjust CH.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.