Do tiny bits of algae forming on pool mean I need to slam the pool agian?

May 16, 2014
san antonio
We have been dealing with reoccurring algae for three years now. I discovered this site and slammed the pool last week. Will all tests met, we allowed the FC to lower to normal levels. I have been checking closely daily for algae growth and discovered several tiny new green spots. Does this mean I need to slam again or should I expect a very small amount of this?

I would go through another Slam. If algae keeps recurring, you might want to maintain a higher fc/cya percent. I go to 15 % for a week or two if there is persistent recurring algae, especially mustard algae.

Welcome to TFP !
If your having algae return after the SLAM you either haven't finished the SLAM to all three criteria were met or your FC level is out of range for your CYA level.
Could you post up a full set of test results and what test kit you used to get the results. If our not using one of these Test Kits I highly reccommend getting yourself one. It's the right tool for keeping your water chemistry in line.
If you haven't already take sometime to do some reading in pool school. Here are few good articles to start with.
How To Chlorinate Your Pool
ABC'S Of Pool Water Chemistry
Recommended Levels
Any more questions you may have don't hesitate to ask. ?

Welcome to TFP!

Do you have a set of removable steps? Or a light in a niche? If yes, remove them and clean them out. Those can harbor enough crud that can aid in recurring algae problems.

To help us help you better, please add your pool and equipment to your signature, as outlined here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.