Barbed connector on return jet ?

Camman

May 25, 2012
Raymond, NH
I have a question regarding the return jet/inlet for my above ground pool. The previous owner of my home built this pool and I have always struggled with this really odd inlet connection. It is like a barbed connection but it is way too big for standard flexible pool hosing. Previous years I never tackled this prior to filling the pool past the return jet and just had to deal with it, had hoses blow off several times and generally it was just a pain.

This year, prior to filling the pool above the return, I'd like to fix this situation by either hard plumbing or just replacing this barbed connector. It looks like the barbed connector is either screwed in (really well) or glued into place. I am hoping someone who is familiar with these inlet/return jets can advise me on whether this thing is screwed in and can be replaced with one of those either smooth or dual-sized connectors that would be easier for attaching flexible hose or if I need to replace the entire jet return. I am not sure what the story is on this barbed connector as most other setups I have seen use a more smooth connection as I mentioned last season I could not even find flexible hosing that would fit around this thing.

Hoping someone can help me! Thanks in advance!

photo.jpg

ugh! I'm having trouble with these connectors myself! I believe that they are designed to be used with non-ribbed hoses. like the clear hoses that have the braiding in them. I currently have a ribbed hose hooked up to one of these and it leaks like a ***!

That one you have there looks like its really in the wall fitting good. might be better to just change the whole wall piece.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.