Filter keeps loosing pressure

Bano67

May 17, 2014
Porterville
I back wash the filter ( DE starite ) and the pressure drops to 12 - 15. It stays like that for approximately 1-2 hrs., then it gose up to 30 - 35, and it stops sucking water into skimmer and push water out of jets. I back wash it and it dose the same thing over again, I am running out of D E.

What brand of filter are you using? What you're describing is a great testimonial to its efficiency!

If your filter has a rotary multiport valve, you might want to set it to recirculate if you leave the pump running and you won't be around to keep an eye on the pressure rise.

And when the pool is all clean and sparkling, you probably will want to do a full teardown and cleaning. Instructions.

I agree, if you can set to recirculate while you SLAM (see Pool School) you won't have to worry about the pressure rise. The dead algae should sink to the bottom then you can vacuum to waste... if you don't have a multiport valve, the process a bit more tricky....

Welcome! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.