Draining Intex pool to re-level ground

Apr 18, 2014
Los Angeles USA
My husband and I had our gardener level our non-sodded space. Then my husband and I dug out paver holes, leveled them and placed the pavers -- lot's of hard work and we're going through a heat wave. Did I mention we are elderly? Anyway, some of the pavers were a 1/8 inch to 1/2 inch off and we decided to go ahead and set up the pool. Pool is about half full and we see there is 1 3/4" difference between the high side and low side. We are now draining the pool. When the pool is empty we will break it down, fold it up and remove it. We will remove the two Gorilla Pads, the tarp and the 16 concrete pavers. Then we will have a slightly more compressed site with a circle of 16 one inch paver holes. Any ideas on the easiest way to get the ground level from this point? Thanks!

Definitely dig down the high side. Do not fill in as the weight of the pool will compress the fill and knock it out of level again. It's hard work.

Yes, it was hard work. We did it right - still had a little level adjustment to two of the legs after the pool was set up, but before we added the water. Now to figure out the pump and filter and SWG.

- - - Updated - - -

About two inches off after re-measuring and re-checking. My husband said that was more shoveling than he had done in his whole life. He was very resistant to taking the earth down to the lowest point, but eventually that is what he decided to do. I even helped with a few shovels full. Getting the pavers level was also an experience.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.