Storage Liquid for Winter Cover

May 18, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Hi Everyone,

This is the second year that I'm maintaining my inground pool. The previous owner used Bioguard Stow Away on the winter cover and water bags for summer storage, which I also used this past summer. A bottle of this stuff is pretty expensive (~$20) at the pool store. Does anyone actually know what is in this liquid (or similar ones) and if it is really necessary to use it? Are there alternative concoctions that I can put together much cheaper that would serve the same purpose?

I just opened my pool yesterday and have the winter cover laying out to dry and the water bags hung over the fence to empty and dry out. I don't know if it's really necessary to make the investment in this liquid rather than clean everything with dawn dish soap, dry them and store the water bags in a rubbermaid bin and the cover in a plastic contractor garbage bag.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.