Help with vacuuming an intex pool

richierich

Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2013
Long Island, NY
I have the manual vacuum you attach a hose to but the fine particles go through the bag. I attached a nylon stocking and it did a bit of a better job. I called the pool store and they said since I have an intex pool I can't use a more powerful vacuum through the pump. Any ideas how to get the fine sediment on the bottom of the pool? Thanks

What pump do you have?

I assume at least the 1500gph (type A cart) since you show having a SWG.

If this or larger, there is no reason you can't use a suction side manual vacuum. Be aware that you will probably have to clean your cart (if you have one) at least once during the process.

Even before I started to hard plumb my pool, I was able to use a regular vacuum through the filter on my pool.

What pump do you have?

I assume at least the 1500gph (type A cart) since you show having a SWG.

If this or larger, there is no reason you can't use a suction side manual vacuum. Be aware that you will probably have to clean your cart (if you have one) at least once during the process.

Even before I started to hard plumb my pool, I was able to use a regular vacuum through the filter on my pool.

Forgive my ignorance but how do I use my filter to vacuum the pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.