Intex pump timer

Shoei1

May 8, 2014
Corona, CA
I just got the 2800gph pump. I read through the instructions about how the timer works and just don't understand. Could anyone that has one help me understand it. Say if I want it to run 4 hours a day starting at 1pm how do I do that? Start the timer at 1pm? I'm confused I guess on how all that works.

Welcome to TFP! Someone will be along shortly to help you. :)

I just got the 2800gph pump. I read through the instructions about how the timer works and just don't understand. Could anyone that has one help me understand it. Say if I want it to run 4 hours a day starting at 1pm how do I do that? Start the timer at 1pm? I'm confused I guess on how all that works.

The timer on Intex pumps is rather simple. You have it right, in that it will come on at whatever time you first turned it on. As your example, You turn in on in timer mode at 1PM for 4 hours, it will come on at that time every day for whatever time you have the dial set at. One caveat though: If you have any power glitches during the off time you will have to start over. Also, if you take it off of timer, say you needed to run it for an hour at other times for testing etc. you will have to set it again.

Best is what I'm planning on doing -- getting an intermatic timer, and removing the GFCI from the cord (my pool power already has a GFCI breaker so I don't need the one on the cord) putting a twist-lock plug and receptacle on my power board for the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.