after the Rains

Mar 2, 2014
Cincinnati OH
Hi

I just wanted to know if this is normal.

On 5-12, my FC was 14 and CC was 0 (after several days at or above SLAM levels). I did the overnight test and my FC only went down by 1 (sunny days) and the CC stayed at 0. I assume I was in the clear. Now 4 days later and after probably every bit of 1.5+ inches of hard rain, I tested my FC. It is 5 (tested 2X to be sure) and the CC was .5
Is it expected for the FC to drop that much in 4 days? I am thinking so b/c of getting so much rain water (my pool is almost to the top).

(This is the first week of having my TF100 test kit. I have tested the FC and CC and CYA multiple times--mostly to get used to the process and verify I am doing things correctly. I plan on doing all the weekly testing on Sundays and the small kit of FC and PH daily to verify FC at +/- 5ppm.)

I see your pool is above ground so you won't have rain water runoff into it like you could with an inground. Still rain fall has little effect on your water chemistry. It's not like you replaced 1/2 your pool water. That would mess the chemistry up. You just had some rain which doesn't effect your chemistry as much as you think it would. ?

Sounds pretty normal to me Debbier! I've had to drain a at least 4" off my pool in 2 days. I'm hoping the rain will quit soon! I'm ready for warm weather! :D

I haven't noticed too much change after rains, until we had around 16 inches of rain in 24 hours :crazy:. I saw all of my levels drop quite dramatically, after doing some calculations, I essentially had around 20% of my water replaced. Hopefully that won't happen again for a while!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.