TF-100 Arrived Today - Have Some Questions

h2o

Jun 30, 2008
Houston, TX
My new TF-100 arrived today and I tested the water. Now, I have a few questions about the results. First, here are the results:

FC - 2.5
CC - 0
TC - 2.5
pH - 7.7
TA - 260 (tested twice)
CH - 370
CYA - 35 (maybe 40...darn black dot)

My questions are...

a) Should I shock even though the CC is 0? According to Jason's calculator, normal FC levels should be between 3 and 7.

b) Why would my TA shoot up so quickly and is it a problem? I've had the water tested at the pool store pretty regularly and it's always been in the low 100's. Late last week I dropped the pH to about 7.2 and aerated to lower it, but I never tested it again until today.

jjparrish said:
Here is a post by duraleigh about some of the tips. See if you have this situation, and, if you do, Dave will correct it for you!

to-all-tf-100-purchasers-since-june-1-2008-t7515.html?hilit=tips
I was just reading that thread and I do think I have a bad tip. It was difficult to get the drops to come out one at a time. I would squeeze very softly and two drops would come out very quickly. I will shoot Dave an email.

h2o said:
jjparrish said:
Here is a post by duraleigh about some of the tips. See if you have this situation, and, if you do, Dave will correct it for you!

I was just reading that thread and I do think I have a bad tip. It was difficult to get the drops to come out one at a time. I would squeeze very softly and two drops would come out very quickly. I will shoot Dave an email.

Try wiping the tip with a damp cloth before you use it. Seems to be a static issue.

Okay, so I went home yesterday and re-tested the TA. I wiped the tip of the R-0009 reagent with a damp paper towel before I used it and it worked perfectly. My TA was actually only 100. :)

Thanks for all of the responses! :goodjob:

JohnT said:
h2o said:
jjparrish said:

Try wiping the tip with a damp cloth before you use it. Seems to be a static issue.

Thanks for the correction, JT. I should have referred to this post by duraleigh: possible-clue-for-dropper-tip-issues-t7645.html?hilit=tips

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.