LifeTime Supporter
May 8, 2012
Metro Detroit, Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I thought of trying something different to the algae bloom with the pool opening this year. Has anyone tried circulating the water with chlorine until all the algae is dead and the water is cloudy? Then filtering the water thru a sand filter till it is clear? Does it seem to make a difference doing it this way or the traditional way of filtering while the algae is still "alive"/green? There are no leaves or crude in the pool. Just light green water.
Thanks for your ideas. I learn so much from TFP.:albino:

That's what I'm doing. I just got it rolling yesterday after some lightning induced downtime. Since it's cartridge filtered I'm watching the pressure and trading it out as indicated. 3 times yesterday! They sure clean up faster when it's just algae corpses. Still murky this morning but the filter pressure has quit rising very fast.

Thanks for your help and suggestions. These worked and the pool is crystal clear. Just need to vacuum and let the FC come back to swimming level just before the holiday party. :eek:) Thanks TFP. Could not have done it without you. :eek:)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.