Burn looking marks on Fiberglass

Hello All,

Just finished my Pool Opening SLAM and the pool looks great for the most part. There are a couple of black marks on the fiberglass that almost look like burns. Since I am about to do a AA treatment I took a little AA and rubbed it on one of the marks and after a little elbow grease it fades away. I wasn't doing the AA for these marks just a couple of others, but hey if these get lifted to then great! I have a couple of these around the top half of the pool (on the fiberglass) and usually right in the center of a welt. A welt as in a bubble like shape forming on the 30 Yr old fiberglass. Any ideas as to what is happening? Seems like there are more then last year.

Last Night Test Results
FC: 12
PH: 7.5
CH: 220
TA: 80
CYA: 30

Here are a few pictures.

On steps

On steps

Overall

Thanks

Nice pool BNighGrow! I would say those are metals and the AA should get rid of it.

I can't help with the welt that you speak of and don't know what would cause it.

Are you done SLAM'ing the pool?

Hey thanks! Ya slamming is complete and I'm letting the FC fall in preparation for AA. I was just mentioning that the marks were showing up specifically on the welts and I think its just due to the old age. I believe AA will get rid of them. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.