Leaking Above Ground Pool

May 25, 2011
Bridgewater, NJ
Tried getting an early start on the opening this year. My pool had lost nearly 4/5 of the water of winter through a disconnected pipe. I know its bad for an above ground pool to be empty for long but the structure seemed fine. So last weekend we drained the remaining water, grabbed a brush, used a hose (not a power washer, just standard garden hose) and scrubbed the liner well. Then started filling. Next day noticed that the grass on three sides of the pool is wet. Not srue what to do now. I called a few places to try to have someone come out.

Was hoping for some advice:

1. One place mentioned a Leak Detection Machine. Anyone have any experience with these? I assume if there are leaks on three sides, I have numerous holes in the liner, or the center drain is cracked.

2. How much should i be looking to spend on a liner. My pool is roughly 5'x28' oval, with a center drain. I know there are different gauges of liners, so any recommendations are appreciated.

Your help is most appreciated!

May I suggest :google:

You should never drain an above ground pool unless you are changing the liner or tearing the pool down/selling/junking. I don't know what you did but you could have torn the liner around the drain or the cove with the brush. I'm just speculating. Do a search for above ground pool liners and you will get many hits. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.