How many gallons is my pool?

May 16, 2014
Poughkeepsie, NY
Hello
I am new to TFP and first want to know the number of gallons in my pool. Its 18 x 36 rectangle, in-ground, 3 foot shallow and 8 foot deep end, but the deep end sides are slanted.

I have seen estimates between 23,000 and 25,000 gallons from pool stores, and was wondering if that is correct.

I have had my pool for a decade and the past few years have had trouble establishing chlorine at the beginning of the season, including this year.

My FAS-DPD test kit will arrive on Friday, and I will test the water immediately when it comes. I have had conflicting numbers and recommendations from different pool stores this year, and last year wasted lots of money.

So I am going the TFP method. Thought I would start with hopefully a simple question.

Thanks

Welcome to TFP Scott! Congratulations on ordering a test kit and taking control of your pool!

You can determine how many gallons are in your pool by using Pool Calculator Instructions. All the way at the bottom, you can plug your measurements in and walah.... :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.