New to pools

PoolStudent

LifeTime Supporter
May 15, 2014
Central Florida
Hello,

I am moving to a house with a pool in a few weeks. This is all new to me, so I'm hoping to learn a lot in the coming weeks.

We do have a little one and the first thing I plan on doing is adding a pool fence for protection.

Is this a DIY type job or is it recommended to get it done professionally? Also any recommendations on a high quality mesh fence?

Welcome to TFP Pool Student. Please check out Pool School and read everything there front and back. When you're done, read it again. Have you ordered a test kit yet? It is a must have piece of equipment that all pool owners should have. Test Kit Comparison

As far as the pool fence, someone more knowledgeable will have to comment as to whether it's a DIY project or not. Good Luck with it.

You haven't provided any specifics. Above ground? In ground? Have you ever done fencing before? If not, and you're not terribly handy, learning to install fence while getting your new-to-you pool up and running may be overwhelming.

It is an above ground pool. I have done a backyard fence post before, but nothing like posting posts in concrete.

I would say I'm a novice/intermediate on the handiness scale. But, you are right that doing all that might be overwhelming.

Hello,

I am moving to a house with a pool in a few weeks. This is all new to me, so I'm hoping to learn a lot in the coming weeks.

We do have a little one and the first thing I plan on doing is adding a pool fence for protection.

Is this a DIY type job or is it recommended to get it done professionally? Also any recommendations on a high quality mesh fence?

Every time I get a quote to build a fence I decide to build it myself. Every time I build a fence I vow to pay some one to do it the next time.

It's not difficult but it can be A LOT of work.

You mentioned that you have an above ground pool, but in another one of your threads you show a picture of an in-ground pool? If you are talking about pool safety fence that goes around the pool deck, then I can give you a recommendation as I recently (February 2014) had one installed in my home in Central Florida. Send me a private message if this is the case. The installation turned out great and provides a lot of peace of mind with the little ones.

It is an above ground pool. I have done a backyard fence post before, but nothing like posting posts in concrete.

I would say I'm a novice/intermediate on the handiness scale. But, you are right that doing all that might be overwhelming.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.