Here are my results

May 21, 2013
New Jersey
So I just opened the pool today and was pleasantly surprised. Dirt on the bottom but overall pretty gd. After getting the pump up and running I added DE to the pump which in turn made the water cloudy. I think it will clear without any issues.

Here's my numbers please let me know what you think I should do as I want as little maintenance as possible this year. 2nd year using the BBB method.

Ph 7.2
Bromine 1
FC 2.0
Cc 0.0
Ta 90
Calcium 100
CYA 80

Obviously I know I need chlorine but do u think the other numbers are acceptable. And should I shock to get started. Expecting terrestrial rains tomorrow but I plan to let the pump run for at least 24 hrs

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Assuming your in-line chlorinator is a puck dispenser, your CYA is quite a bit too high and you should use no more pucks at all.

Secondly, you need to drain off and refill about 1/3 of your pool water to get your CYA down to a manageable 50 ppm. Re use of the pucks will only drive your CYA right back up to 80 which is just too high.

When your CYA gets back to 50 ppm use liquid chlorine to keep your FC around 6 ppm at all times and you will have a great swim season.

Agree with duraleigh. It will be much easier to chlorinate with a lower CYA level. I'd drain to the bottom of your skimmer and let the rain water fill it up! We're suppose to get rain for a few days on the East coast. I'm draining water off my pool tomorrow for the second time in a week. Use it to your advantage. :goodjob:

I don't use the inline chlorinator any longer and haven't since the beginning of last year. Just the BBB method since may 13. I'm going to drain now so should I hold off entirely on adding any bleach/chlorine or add some and let it run for a few hours

Either way. If you are going to refill right away (24 hours) then just Leave FC then adjust when pool is full. If it will be drained down for a few more days put 2 or so ppm of FC in it.

So after lowering the water twice in the last three days. Once bc of your suggestion and twice bc of a cracked skimmer here are the new results.

Fc 2.5
Cc 0
Ta 90
Ch 80
Cya 30
Ph 7.2-7.5 it depends on the light
Cl 1
BR 2
Are these good numbers and should I be good to go now with just adding the bleach regularly. It seemed like I was adding a lot last year 80-90oz a day when temp was in the 90s. I'm using Clorox 8.5%.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.