Liquidator "WS" Poll

Do you have build-up of "White Stuff" in your Liquidator?

• Total voters

Sabot

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 2, 2007
Austin, TX
Liquidator owners: We need to hear from you.

"Yes" if you have any white stuff in your LQ on a normal basis <edit> and it effect the performance of your LQ. <end of edit>
"No" if you don't have any "White Stuff" in your LQ on a normal basis.
"6%" do you use 6% bleach in your LQ
"12%" do you use 12% bleach in your LQ

Id be interested in how to keep the tubing clear........mine was milky after only a weeks worth of use, at the time I was using 6%. ive since "upgraded" to 12%.

Something of note: I didnt see a massive increase in the amount of FC in my pool with the increase to 12% concentration. Im not sure if its environmental (it got hotter and sunnier around when I started with the 12%) or if its just a limitation of the LQ (based on my runtimes of 9 hours/day).

-Chris

I have been using my Liquidator for only one month, but I have not seen any WS to speak of.

4 gal. Liquidator
6% bleach
pH - 7.2
TA - 130
CH - 50
Borates - 20? (Not measured directly, but calculated from adding 3 boxes of Borax to a 10000 gal pool)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've read a few posts where people were struggling to get more than a 3 on the meter right after installation. I think there are other things that can affect this besides the WS, so I don't think that just because someone doesn't get high pressure that they have a WS problem.

Correct, the flow is affected by much more then just the "WS".

As for the poll, I believe the whole discussion here about the "WS" has been centered on a perceived weakness in the LQ. IMHO, to include "2. WS w/o negative effects" is pointless at this time. We are trying to identify a critical issue with the performance of the LQ which you brought to our attention. Since the issue seems to revolve around the water chemistry, there most likely will not be a universal solution that applies to every pool. As for including the chlorine strength used, I thought there might be a connection.

:goodjob:

Water_man said:
heatmisr said:
I have cloudy tubes, but no WS that is affecting the LQ. I switched from 6%-12% because I can only get the flow up to 3.5 and the 6% wasn't feeding enough CL.

The WS does affect your LQ, because otherwise, you should be able to get flow rates of 4 and 5.

No, it doesn't. That is as high as it would go since installation. My problem is that my pump is too close to the pool. No resistance. Common with AGP's.

heatmisr said:
Water_man said:
heatmisr said:
I have cloudy tubes, but no WS that is affecting the LQ. I switched from 6%-12% because I can only get the flow up to 3.5 and the 6% wasn't feeding enough CL.

The WS does affect your LQ, because otherwise, you should be able to get flow rates of 4 and 5.

No, it doesn't. That is as high as it would go since installation. My problem is that my pump is too close to the pool. No resistance. Common with AGP's.

Heatmisr, if you haven't already done so, you might try removing the check valve on the inlet side. It will increase the flow. Since your Liquidator is probably below the water level of your pool, it is not required.

mrafal said:
Heatmisr, if you haven't already done so, you might try removing the check valve on the inlet side. It will increase the flow. Since your Liquidator is probably below the water level of your pool, it is not required.

Actually, that's backwards. It is not required if the LQ is above water level. The best I could do was to partially close the skimmer valve. That got me up to 3.5. With the valve fully open I get no flow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.