Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

View Poll Results: Do you have build-up of "White Stuff" in your Liquidator?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 16.67%
  • No

16 33.33%
  • 6%

17 35.42%
  • 12%

7 14.58%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Liquidator "WS" Poll

1. Back To Top    #1

Liquidator "WS" Poll

Liquidator owners: We need to hear from you.

"Yes" if you have any white stuff in your LQ on a normal basis <edit> and it effect the performance of your LQ. <end of edit>
    "No" if you don't have any "White Stuff" in your LQ on a normal basis.
    "6%" do you use 6% bleach in your LQ
    "12%" do you use 12% bleach in your LQ
    20k Gunite/Prism Blue-Pebblesheen, Pentair Tagelus TA-100D Sand Filter, Heliocol Solar Water Heater, 2 bubblers and 2 waterfalls installed 2007, 3hp IntelliFlo VS Pump 011018 installed 2013, Aquabot Turbo T4 RC and Stenner 45MHP10 w/The Liquidator container installed 2012.
    Antigua Spa by Artesian Spas: 325 gl, 52 jets, 6 hp 2 sp & 6 hp 1 sp, Circulation System 24 Hour Whisper Pure, Ozonator, LED digital lighting, The Artesian Pillowfall installed 2007.
    Retired: 2hp Pentair Whisperflow, Legend Platinum w/booster pump, PH Adjuster

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Liquidator "WS" Poll

can we define "have WS"?

My tubes are milky white, but it doesnt seem to be affecting flow to/from the LQ. The LQ itself doesnt have any WS in it (that I can see). Not sure if thats a "dont have WS" or not.

-Chris
    22K IG vinyl, .5HP Northstar pump, S244T filter, AutoPilot Digital w/SC-48 cell

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes on the WS, and 6%.

The problem with the poll is that you will not be able to tie the Yes/No to the 6%/12%.
    10K White Plaster Pool Built in 2007. Hayward Pump and DE Filter, Hayward Navigator, Liquidator (Removed due to issues), Solar Blanket, BBB user.

4. Back To Top    #4

Correct, that can be another poll.

I also did a quick edit, "Yes" if the WS is impacting the performance of your LQ.
    20k Gunite/Prism Blue-Pebblesheen, Pentair Tagelus TA-100D Sand Filter, Heliocol Solar Water Heater, 2 bubblers and 2 waterfalls installed 2007, 3hp IntelliFlo VS Pump 011018 installed 2013, Aquabot Turbo T4 RC and Stenner 45MHP10 w/The Liquidator container installed 2012.
    Antigua Spa by Artesian Spas: 325 gl, 52 jets, 6 hp 2 sp & 6 hp 1 sp, Circulation System 24 Hour Whisper Pure, Ozonator, LED digital lighting, The Artesian Pillowfall installed 2007.

5. Back To Top    #5

6% bleach, running it for 3 months, no white deposits at all, and my tubing is clear as the day I installed it.
    15,000 gallon AG, cartridge filter, 6 person hot tub

6. Back To Top    #6

Id be interested in how to keep the tubing clear........mine was milky after only a weeks worth of use, at the time I was using 6%. ive since "upgraded" to 12%.

Something of note: I didnt see a massive increase in the amount of FC in my pool with the increase to 12% concentration. Im not sure if its environmental (it got hotter and sunnier around when I started with the 12%) or if its just a limitation of the LQ (based on my runtimes of 9 hours/day).

-Chris

7. Back To Top    #7

I have been using my Liquidator for only one month, but I have not seen any WS to speak of.

4 gal. Liquidator
    6% bleach
    pH - 7.2
    TA - 130
    CH - 50
    Borates - 20? (Not measured directly, but calculated from adding 3 boxes of Borax to a 10000 gal pool)
    10k gal. IG vinyl, 1 hp pump, 200 lb sand filter, solar panels & cover

8. Back To Top    #8

I use 6%

I have some accumulation on the bottom and a layer inside the funnel, but no impact on performance. Running uninterrupted ~5 months.
    My Pool
    15k Gal Gunite Pool w/8 ft Spa w/Spillover
    Hayward DE Filter + DE Separation Tank
    Legend Sweep, Pentair Gas Heater
    Stenner Metering Pump for Liquid Chlorine Injection (15 gallon tank)

9. Back To Top    #9

I don't know if it makes a difference, but maybe people can say what brand of bleach they are using. I am using the Walmart (ultra) brand, 6% bleach.
    10K White Plaster Pool Built in 2007. Hayward Pump and DE Filter, Hayward Navigator, Liquidator (Removed due to issues), Solar Blanket, BBB user.

10. Back To Top    #10

When I used 6%, it was WalMart Ultra

Since I switched to 12%, its been Blue Shield liquid chlorine in the 5 gallon jugs.

11. Back To Top    #11

I have cloudy tubes, but no WS that is affecting the LQ. I switched from 6%-12% because I can only get the flow up to 3.5 and the 6% wasn't feeding enough CL.
    Nicole

21' AGP (10,400g)
    Hayward PowerFlo Matrix dual-speed 1HP pump, 75 sq ft Waterway cartridge filter
    4G Liquidator, Aquabot POOL ROVER S2-40

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by Sabot
    Correct, that can be another poll.

I also did a quick edit, "Yes" if the WS is impacting the performance of your LQ.
    IMHO the poll should give three options:
    1. No WS
    2. WS w/o negative effects
    3. WS w/ negative effects.
    This is my ticket for Heaven (when all's working..) :
    22k Gal gunite IGP, 38 SF Anthony DE filter, 1 HP Hayward Super Pump
    380k BTU Raypak Natural Gas Heater (Model RP405A) and solar cover
    8 gal Liquidator w/ 12% bleach, Dolphin Diagnostic Advantage robotic cleaner. 3800 ppm salt, 50 ppm borates.

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by heatmisr
    I have cloudy tubes, but no WS that is affecting the LQ. I switched from 6%-12% because I can only get the flow up to 3.5 and the 6% wasn't feeding enough CL.
    The WS does affect your LQ, because otherwise, you should be able to get flow rates of 4 and 5.
    This is my ticket for Heaven (when all's working..) :
    22k Gal gunite IGP, 38 SF Anthony DE filter, 1 HP Hayward Super Pump
    380k BTU Raypak Natural Gas Heater (Model RP405A) and solar cover
    8 gal Liquidator w/ 12% bleach, Dolphin Diagnostic Advantage robotic cleaner. 3800 ppm salt, 50 ppm borates.

14. Back To Top    #14

I've read a few posts where people were struggling to get more than a 3 on the meter right after installation. I think there are other things that can affect this besides the WS, so I don't think that just because someone doesn't get high pressure that they have a WS problem.

15. Back To Top    #15

I have no WS and am running 6%. I have been using my LQ for two years now and have had no issues at all.

Sorry, after logging in I noticed that I could click on the polling button at the top of the post. I have done so.
    6000 gal inground fiberglass
    1.5hp pump / sand filter
    Liquidator

16. Back To Top    #16

Correct, the flow is affected by much more then just the "WS".

As for the poll, I believe the whole discussion here about the "WS" has been centered on a perceived weakness in the LQ. IMHO, to include "2. WS w/o negative effects" is pointless at this time. We are trying to identify a critical issue with the performance of the LQ which you brought to our attention. Since the issue seems to revolve around the water chemistry, there most likely will not be a universal solution that applies to every pool. As for including the chlorine strength used, I thought there might be a connection.

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by Water_man
    The WS does affect your LQ, because otherwise, you should be able to get flow rates of 4 and 5.
    No, it doesn't. That is as high as it would go since installation. My problem is that my pump is too close to the pool. No resistance. Common with AGP's.
    Nicole

21' AGP (10,400g)

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by Water_man
    No, it doesn't. That is as high as it would go since installation. My problem is that my pump is too close to the pool. No resistance. Common with AGP's.
    Heatmisr, if you haven't already done so, you might try removing the check valve on the inlet side. It will increase the flow. Since your Liquidator is probably below the water level of your pool, it is not required.
    My Pool
    15k Gal Gunite Pool w/8 ft Spa w/Spillover
    Hayward DE Filter + DE Separation Tank
    Legend Sweep, Pentair Gas Heater
    Stenner Metering Pump for Liquid Chlorine Injection (15 gallon tank)

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by mrafal
    Heatmisr, if you haven't already done so, you might try removing the check valve on the inlet side. It will increase the flow. Since your Liquidator is probably below the water level of your pool, it is not required.
    Actually, that's backwards. It is not required if the LQ is above water level. The best I could do was to partially close the skimmer valve. That got me up to 3.5. With the valve fully open I get no flow.
    Nicole

21' AGP (10,400g)

20. Back To Top    #20

Only 18 LQ users?

Out of 18: 11 had no "WS" leaving 7 whom has "WS".

Interesting to see most use 6% vs. 12%.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast