Test Results in on the Cesspit!

So on the good news front, I got my test kit and did my first test, and according to pool math, I have alot of work to do. So here are my results.

PH: Off the charts, over 8
CYA: Under 30 ppm
Free Chlorine (FC): None
Combined Cholorine (CC): None
Alkalinity (TA): 50 ppm
Calcium (CH): 30 ppm

Picture of my cesspit:

Pool.jpg

Attachments

• Filter.jpg
    Filter.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 357
Welcome to TFP! :cool:

I can't help you on your broken parts but you need to get the pH down asap with MA as soon as you get your water moving. :goodjob:

From the looks of it you have some work ahead of you getting the rest of the broken parts out. Careful not to damage the threads too much or you'll be using lots of pipe thread tape & compound!

Good luck with that swamp! You should be good with the TF100! When you get it up and running... brush that beast til your arms fall off! :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If the pump itself is still okay, you'd be able to save $ by getting a motor only. (assuming of course that the motor is what crapped out)

On the broken bits. before you order anything, make sure you can get the rest of the parts out....from the pic, to me, that looks like it may not be doable w/o trashing the housing it's in.

So last weekend we finally got everything running, I spent around half the day chasing leaks and getting those issues handled. So we finally got a chance to run everything and it ran like a top for most of the time. Began the slam process etc, unfortunately while I was sleeping, the diverter failed on the filter and all the water we had put in it went out the backwash hose (which I guess is better than it dumping six inches of water out of a 24' foot pool out the fitting or other places around the area where the filter is, since it is right next to the pool).

I have the diverter repair kit coming (just ordered it today), I also got my gasket and sight glass, and installed those last night. I also ordered more CYA agent from Dave (I got the big bottle, no worries). We did tie off the back wash hose so it would really limit the amount of water coming out of it, but the problem is we blew a line off the discharge yesterday, so we have to watch it until we can double up on hose clamps (we are getting some and will put those on tonight), so if we run it, we have to have someone watching it until we can get it fixed.

But the good news is we made progress, and my test results this morning were:

PH: 7.4
CYA: Under 30
Free Chlorine: 0.6 ppm
Combined Chlorine: 1 ppm
Alkalinity: 60 ppm
Calcium: 50 ppm

Picture of it now
Pool2.jpg

Well, it's certainly lighter but I'd actually hold off on everything til you get the pump/filter fixed and you can run the pump without losing water. Continue to read some articles in Pool School and when you start, you'll be so ready to slay the green monster!

So we got everything fixed Friday (Diverter repair kit was ordered Thursday and came Friday, made me happy). So I've been able to run everything around the clock and keeping an eye on the Chlorine levels. I've put enough stabilizer to go from 0 to 40 CYA). I did a test last night, I was at 7 ppm FC and 1 ppm CC, I added the necessary stabilizer and 140 ounces of Chlorine. This morning, I had 12 ppm FC and 1 ppm CC, I added 41 ounces of Chlorine. I tested two hours later and had 15 ppm FC. We are making progress, it is still light green and we are moving forward.

Tested CYA, ended up at 35 ppm. The only concern I have is how it is bubbly on one side by the return/skimmer, but not on the other side of the pool.

Just remembered how to get pictures off my iPhone... LOL

iNlYFGJ.jpg

Last edited:
Have you cleaned out the pool yet? Made sure you don't have any piles of leaves or gunk down in the bottom? The more stuff that is down there the longer it will take. How have your #'s been running? Are you still slamming steadily or only when you get time? It definitely looks better than the pit LOL

Have you cleaned out the pool yet? Made sure you don't have any piles of leaves or gunk down in the bottom? The more stuff that is down there the longer it will take. How have your #'s been running? Are you still slamming steadily or only when you get time? It definitely looks better than the pit LOL

Yes, I vacuum and brush daily. I also tossed the robot in and we shall see if it works. I am running 14 ppm FC per my 35 CYA. I check it 2-3 times a day.

Also, I am not sure if my Hayward aquabug works, will it damage the pool if it sucks but does not move?

Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.