Wichita Falls, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Ok he is the story. I went out of town for 2 weeks and came back to dark spots on the bottom of my pool. Upon closer inspection it is algae that has taken hold in the pebble finish of my pool. I confirmed it is algae by placing a puck in the spot and it will turn it white in an hour or two. I know I need to shock but in 5 years if pool ownership have never had to do it. Here are my stats

Swg
Fc 3
Cc .5
Cya 50

Questions

My water is clear just have the algae spots I am to shock correct.

Best place to get bleach they don't sell liquid chlorine in my area.

How many gallons of bleach.

Thanks guys I had a little if this algae last year and did not take it serious because it was the end of the season. Now it's time for war.

Ps before I left my cya was low so I have some pucks going now so that is probably the only reason my fc is 3

Assuming you have one of the recommended test kits, How about posting a full set of results?

You may not be aware, but they've changed the name of the algae clearing process......Shock Level And Maintain (SLAM)

Since you have a SWG, yes, your CYA is a bit low. Might want to dose it a bit with LC, and have your SWG checked.

A good idea for you to go back through Pool School, as well.

You should test the pool at least monthly on all parameters.

When SLAM'ing, you're going to need to really brush this algae because it's taken hold onto the pebbles. By brushing , you're scratching the algae up for the chlorine to penetrate and kill it. A good brushing daily should speed things along as you maintain the SLAM.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.