Any car guys/gals here?

Jul 6, 2008
Jacksonville, NC
I am a member of http://www.MonteCarloSS.com and our local group, the Southeastern Monte Carlo Club is having a meet in Lexington, NC on July 19th. It is more of a get together to visit RCR Racing Museum, the Winston Museum have a great BBQ lunch hang out and shoot the breeze and visit with old friends and make new ones.

Even if you don't have a Super Sport Monte Carlo, come on out. The more the merrier and to date, no has been arrested, yet. LOL

Well I'm a Mopar guy, but not close enough to come to your meet.

Here's my baby...

1970 RoadRunner Convertible...
70RRVert.jpg

I guess we're close enough to make a run over from the coast. Will have to check with the better half.

Here's my midlife crisis answer... 8)

Attachments

• IMG_0380.JPG
    IMG_0380.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 474
Mid life crisis???? People always say that? Why does it have to be a crisis? I just could never afford what I wanted. Now I can. Well close enough to have it at least. At what age does one have a midlife crisis. I may still be eligable. hehehe

Any one with any car is welcome to come.
Let me reiterate, it is NOT a show, just a get together to make new friends and see old friends. My car doesn't look half as good as any you have posted. But, it is what I always wanted and it is mine. Beside, it isn't so much about the cars as it is the people. The cars are just how we met.

My car at Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet, Newton, NC April 2004
Gwens_87Aero2.jpg

4th generation Super Sport Monte Carlo invasion at Richard Childress Racing Museum in Welcome, NC, May 2005
100_2584b.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
gwen227 said:
Any one with any car is welcome to come.
Let me reiterate, it is NOT a show, just a get together to make new friends and see old friends. My car doesn't look half as good as any you have posted. But, it is what I always wanted and it is mine. Beside, it isn't so much about the cars as it is the people. The cars are just how we met.

Don't sell yourself short!!! That Monte is sweet. It looks to be in great shape. Only one question. Is it a mullet mobile? j/k :-D :-D It is what you always wanted and that is all that matters! I wish I still had my 89 Regal Limited. T-Tops V-6 Turbo and one heck of a fun ride.

DHinNC Nice! We have an 02 Sebring, have you ever checked out www.s2kca.com ? It's a great group of people, non-profit, and more of a social club then a bunch of gear heads although I have learned how to do 90% of my own maintenance from other members. Check it out!

this is from our last group drive:
IMG_0150.jpg

Sweet burn out Twisties!
Gwen227, my wife has wanted a Monte SS since high school, maybe one day. I've been lookin for a GNX.

Here's my fun year round daily driver:
3586newnose2.jpg

3586newnose.jpg

You can almost see my pool with this shot, see the patio?

2006 Dodge Daytona GoMango 3586 of 4000 + a bunch of mods!

Wow,

Pools and Cars! What a forum! Everyone has some really great cars. One of the only pics of the "playthings" I have on my laptop here but here goes:

Just after our move and went from 6 car garage to a 3 car: (Last year). Now sold: Stealth and Formula.

Foreground: 1995 Stealth R/T Twin Turbo.

Background from left to right: 1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL, 1989 Pontiac Formula 350, 1991 Jaguar XJ-S V-12, and 1979 Pontiac Trans-Am with 467 Cubic Inch Olds Motor - Best Time 9.89 1/4 mile E.T. on the spray. In the garage, 1983 Hurst/Olds and a very beat up, neglected and previously burnt ("teeeeeny" engine fire...) 1977 Ferrari 308 GTB. (back on the road hopefully one day in the near future...)

Ps. gwen227 - We G-body people have to stick together. I've had a few Buick GN's, 1 Monte SS, and the H/O. Love those cars..

Attachments

• A few of the toys.jpg
    A few of the toys.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 110

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.