On the right track?

Iwejun

May 3, 2014
DFW
Hello, new to forum been lurking for some time. Have opened and maintained this pool for 12 yr. and being blind sided by pool store all the while.
Ok, just acid washed pool by myself two weeks ago, first time for both, refilled and added the CYA and then slammed pool. After two weeks numbers are starting to be reasonable, had too much CYA and did a 1/4 drain and refill of tap.
My numbers as this morning are:
FC 6
TC 6
CC 0
PH 7.6
TA 70
CH 280
CYA 90-95
68 degrees
I know CYA is still high but we are in a stage two water restriction right now, are the numbers in the park and what else is needed? TYIA
Test kit is the Taylor (Leslie's) DPD 81-330

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Well, I am not sure how you were able to to follow the SLAM Process without the required FAS-DPD chlorine test :scratch:

So, step one would be to order the FAS-DPD test ... once added to you kit, you will then have the equivalent to the K-2006: FAS-DPD Chlorine Test

I am also a little confused. Did you drain the pool 2 weeks ago, acid wash it, and now already your CYA is too high and you had to drain 1/4 again? What chlorine did you use when you "slammed the pool" {although I am not convinced you mean the same thine we do}?

Generally your numbers do not look bad besides the CYA being a little high.
How does the water look?

Ok, I probably didn't do the slam exactly the right way, I did drain the pool and acid washed it, refilled and added the CyYA which I thought was the first step. I think I read about PP, pool patience, which probably failed me. I used liquid Clorox bleach@ 10% came out somewhere around three gallons and numbers were in the high 20's on chlorine for about 5 days and then started to drop to where they are now. Water is crystal clear and sparkles.image.jpg

No shock or pucks, and yeah being a kidney shaped pool with a spa it makes me wonder if there is less gallons than we thought. Pool store calculator came up 16,400gal. and pool math came up 17,300 so I just went to 16,600. I'll take care of the CYA one way or the other, even if the city comes knocking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.