CircuPool RJ-45g or 60g - Pls help me decide

Apr 24, 2010
37,000 gal gunite pool, located in MD. Purchasing one of two models:

CircuPool RJ-45g- rated for 45,000 gal. 2.0 lbs/day output. 7 yr warranty. $750. Replacement cell currently costs $490.

CircuPool RJ-60g- rated for 60,000 gal. 2.5 lbs/day output. 7 yr warranty, $1,050. Replacement cell currently costs $590.

I've read you want to oversize. Is the 45 enough or will I be much happier with the 60? What would you do based on the ratings and cost differences? I'm willing to spend the money if warranted, but don't want to throw it away either. Thank you-

Last edited:
The RJ-60 is a bit overpriced for the increase in output. Look like the increase in output is 20%, but the price increase is greater than 20%.
CircuPool units are manufactured by Compupool but are branded different.

The RG-60g unit is updated different cell connection. There were some issues with the compupool units melting/catching fire. I've got a compupool unit when it works it works well, but I've had issues and currently awaiting a replacement unit (it's limping along).

Thank you for the input. I wanted to get the order in before the weekend, and ended up going with the RJ-60g. I read a ton of threads and it seemed most recommendations were to get something that was close to twice your actual volume. The decision can't hurt me, and hopefully the added cost wasn't a waste. Looking forward to receiving and installing.

I have an RJ60 and really like it. I was told to oversize the SWG when purchasing.

20 x 44.5 single roman end, ~33,000 gallons, 10 feet deep, garrett vinyl liner, Hayward SwimClear Cartridge Filter, Hayward 2 HP Pump, Cirrcupool RJ60 SWG, Hayward 140k BTU Heater, Polaris 380 with Booster Pump

Just a follow up on this, ordered the RJ-60g on a Thursday, received it Tuesday. Well packaged and feels/looks like a robust product. Although some pictures show the inlet/outlet on the bottom of the unit (utilizing 90s to connect inline), the unit has fittings on either end to be installed inline the discharge piping. Plumbed it very quickly, no problems. Plenty of cord (too much for me) from cell to control panel. Panel is heavy, but easily mounts with supplied bracket. Mount bracket and then lift and place panel on it. Just enough cord to get to my OnCommand, but it wired easily. Cleaned up, turned it on, went through settings, and back off. Then proceeded to add 900 lbs of salt to the pool. With filter on, brushed it all over the place for over an hour until it was completely dissolved. Let filter run for another hour, then turned on the SWG. Salt check good, producing chlorine. Entire process from start to finish was about 4 hours.

My only complaint is that the RJ-60g doesn't provide an actual salinity level, just "good". I'm in the process of testing and then possibly SLAMing, so I can't provide much more review at this time. But I'll provide more review once I have my chemistry good and have some experience with the new unit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.