Intex 12 by 24 pool ultra frame pool

May 15, 2014
New York
I would like to add an electric heater as my kids spend more time in there when it is hotter- any ideas? I wanted to get a Hayward pump heater and 1HP pump/filter- will that work? The ultra frame uses 1.5" hoses and Hayward also does- first time posting- any advice greatly appreciated

Welcome to TFP! you will find this is the most informative pool site on the web.

Electric heat? Are there no other options, such as natural gas or propane?

You can use the Hayward system but you will have to either make some adapters to Intex fittings, or replace them with normal pool fittings.

There are many threads here on the forums dealing with these.

snowcliff84, Does your pool get sun during the day? I have found that if I shut my pump/filter off and let the sun beat down on the water, it will warm it more evenly than using a solar cover. Then at night, I trap that heat by using the cover and taking it off again the next day, running the pump/filter for awhile and then shutting it off so the sun can do it's thing again. I gained 5 degrees in one day doing it like that. :goodjob:

Snowcliff84, I'm in Jacksonville and my water temp has been between 80 and 84 for over a week. What part of Florida are you in? I figured the whole state was warming up. Well at least it was till the mighty rain storm that swept thru today.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.