torchroadster

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
East Texas
I've been on BBB since start up of our new pool on Memorial Day. Everything has been perfect until yesterday, noticed a slight green tint in the spa. The spa and pool water recirculates through a waterfall so it's all the same. Checked CL and PH and all was close, added a bit of CL and acid to bring things back in line. Tonight same thing - green tint in the spa water and swimmers complaining of burning eyes, so did a complete test.

FC 4.5
CC 0
TC 4.5
pH 7.5
TA 80
CH 150
CYA 35
Temp 88

26,000 gallons

I added 15 lbs of Leslie's Calcium Hardness Plus, and 48 oz (by volume) of baking soda. I've been bringing the CH up slowly over the past few weeks, although haven't added any in about two weeks before tonight. All the numbers except CH seem OK to me, but wondering why the green tint and red eye?????

Just my oppinion, on mine I don't feel the spa gets circulated with the pool water that well. My equipment is close to the pool. Every couple of weeks I turn off the jets and drain the spa back into the pool. I run the pump on low speed and switch the suction side valves from pool to spa. Then switch back and turn returns from pool to spa to refill.

DaveNJ said:
Just my oppinion, on mine I don't feel the spa gets circulated with the pool water that well. My equipment is close to the pool. Every couple of weeks I turn off the jets and drain the spa back into the pool. I run the pump on low speed and switch the suction side valves from pool to spa. Then switch back and turn returns from pool to spa to refill.

That's a good idea - you may be onto something. I'll try it.

This morning the CL tested at 2.0, added a gallon of bleach.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.