Shoddy Install work on new pump? (pic)

bboehm

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 7, 2007
Cary, IL
I'm no expert, and certainly a far cry from a licensed electrician, but take a look at this and let me know if this is bad workmanship or not.
Installed here is a new Sta-Rite 4spd VS3050 pump and Easy Touch control system (electronic control system for Jandy valve to swim-out jets, heater, pool slide etc)
Considering the cost of this new system (approx $2000 including labor), I wouldn't think that there would be loose wires all over the place.
Shouldn't these wires be ran through conduit or some kind of protective tubing like the other stuff?
Interested in feedback and opinions. Thanks!

2648213118_201c49e6e8.jpg

Update:
Like I said, I'm no electrician 8) and I believe I have probably mis-labeled those wires in my pic. I believe that the loose wires are low voltage control wires and not power lines so probably not a huge concern in terms of power running through the lines but nevertheless, still seems to me those wires should be protected in some way...

Well, thanks a lot Bill! :lol: I also have all these wires hanging around. I didn't think anything about it and thought it was *supposed* to be that way until you bring this up. :hammer: I don't know a thing either and will be watching the answers from the experts. If I were a bettin' woman, I'd vote shoddy install (at least on my end anyway). :roll:

Karen

Well I will give you my opinion, 24 volt and below do not have to be in conduit (flex etc.). Now having said that, I have not and would not leave wire open like that. It is just the way I do things but I like all my work to look professional. And to me this kind of work does not look that way. A lot of people now days are looking for the fastest and cheapest way to do things, so they can make an extra buck.

Thanks all... Especially the confirmation that these are low-voltage wires and do not "need" to be protected per se. I will, however, spend some time on my own to clean this up a bit with some ties so that it looks a little more professional.

Now, I just need to try to figure out this "Easy"Control system!!!! I just read another post on here about a nightmare that someone else was having trying to figure out how to program this thing. Interestingly, my PB had no idea. The installer was laughing as he was reading the manual as it is SO POORLY written. I'm hoping that maybe the local Pentair rep will use my install as an opportunity to train all this PB's technicians so that it gets programmed properly :goodjob:

Mine looked the same after install...wires...wires everywhere. I tied them all up so as not to be chewed on by micey.
I too am freeking out about my Easytouch programming. The manual is a nightmare!!!!! Once I get one thing working another doesn't it's like the christmas lights all over again :rant: Good luck with yours I think I need to go buy myself one of those Margarita machines before I try to tackle it again :roll:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.