Hi from Verona, NC

Jul 6, 2008
Jacksonville, NC
:wave: Hi all. :wave:

I scored a good deal on an Intex 18' X 42" metal frame pool last year at a yard sale. Pool, pump, ladder and 10 extra filters for $75.
I was referred to this site over the weekend and ordered a test kit. I got the email that DHL will be delivering it this week.
I have been reading this site and have figured out a few things and some have me confused.

Not really sure how to switch over to BBB from the AquaChem that came with the pool.
Do I need to wait a certain amount of time, or start as soon as I get my test kit?

I am looking forward to easier pool care. I have a 7 year old daughter and 7 & 8 year old granddaughters who live in it, weather permitting. LOL

Welcome!

Glad to have you aboard. You will love the BBB method. I sure am glad I switched. I add a little bleach each night and that is about it. Just make sure you get a handle on your numbers. Read the pool school and check out the pool calculator for what your needs are and you'll be up and swimming soon. :)

Welcome to TFP....

A good starting point is for you to read BBB for beginners and in fact read most if not all of the articles in Pool School. Your already one step ahead with your own TF test kit. :goodjob:

The Aqua Chem are likely stabilized tabs that contain chlorine and CYA. They will probably be okay for a while but they are acidic and will lower your ph over time. Also you want your CYA to be in the 30-50 range so once there you want to stop using them. Does the container list ingredients?

See the "recommended levels" article for where to keep your pool water balanced.

Enjoy!

Hi gwen227,

You are way ahead of the game! Got your TF 100 on the way and already have your sig in your first post! Congratulations!

As suggested, do a little reading in Pool School and you will start to feel more comfortable with the BBB method. It is basically just understanding your water chemistry.

Feel free to ask all your questions and there will be lots of folks here ready to help you.

Welcome to the forum :lol:

Thanks for the replies.
I have been reading as many posts in as many topics as possible.
Keeping the girls out of the pool has not been hard this week. It has rained enough that the water is down to 80* and the threat of thunderstorms keeps them inside.

Looks like the test kit will arrive today.