Backfilling the trenches and around the Pool

Apr 21, 2014
Enola, PA
Thanks to all the Nice and knowledgeable people on this forum, I have kept myself sane thru this process. We decided to contract out the decking portion separately from the Pool Builder. Our Landscaper has been working at this property and at my neighbors for a long time and he maintains all the irrigation system, outdoor lighting etc etc. Our Pool Builder is insisting that filling up the trenches, back filling around the pool, and Basin (6x5x2) that they had dug for gunite people (which they did not use) is the decking guys responsibility. The decking guy is refusing to accept that. He says that the PB has to rough grade and clean up their mess.
We (as in I) are caught in the middle. So my question to you’ll is -- generally who is responsible for it? In this scenario who is being unreasonable.

I am concerned that if we have a crack or some leak or something the Pool guys might come back and say that decking guy messed it up ..

I am so stressed right now ..
If you can tell me how to upload pictures I can upload some pictures of what I have on my hands..

I believe the PB SHOULD be responsible for backfill and rough grade, but I would check your contract. Do you require a permit and inspections? If yes, maybe contact the county/city permitting department to get some guidance.

Since you are using AS I will chime in.....AS told me that the pool quote included backfill and rough grade, however the person doing this is the pool deck crew, so in essence it is the responsibility of the decking folks to back fill and grade....just so happens I put the decking under contract with AS which is why it's all covered in my build.

Just my 2 cents.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.