LifeTime Supporter
May 12, 2014
Central Georgia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Just wondering if anyone could ease my mind on a few concerns I have about our new AGP, installed 4/26/14. We installed the pool ourselves and noticed a couple of things after the fact. There are 2 uprights that are slightly leaning in at the top. My husband has tried to adjust them but they won't budge (pool is completely filled with water). Does this pose the risk of the pool collapsing? Also, we didn't find the strips that connect the stainless steel skimmer wall until after the liner was in. The pool wall is attached directly to the skimmer wall with the screws but without the strips that should have gone on the inside and outside where the screw holes are. Does this affect the sturdiness of the skimmer wall? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to TFP *JLS* Hope you enjoy the site, order a test kit like the TF100 if you already haven't and dive into Pool School! :goodjob:

As far as the upright leaning in, the pool could be off a tad bit level. Can you post a pic of the up rights and this strip for the skimmer wall you are talking about.

I'm not a structural engineer... but I would think that the strips that you are referring to would add to the strength of that seam. Having just the screws in place would only make that seam weaker. Not sure that I'd want to gamble on that...

Thanks Casey and bobct1. Casey - I'll try to get some pictures when I'm home this evening and post them. bobct1 - those were my thoughts exactly but my husband seems to think it's ok!

I'd really not like to take bets on 19k gallons of water being ok if I missed a piece in construction. :shock:

View attachment 29341View attachment 29341View attachment 29342
And this is the ss skimmer wall that we missed the strips on. The strips are supposed to be lining the wall where the screws attach. You can see in the picture there is somewhat of a strip made onto the wall already. Hoping its enough to stabilize. The pool and wall seem sturdy, just hoping someone can tell me they think it's ok at least for this summer and we can fix it in the fall. Desperate to not have to start over!

You forgot to put the metal strip on. Uhhhh... I know you're suppose to but I'm not sure if it's structural or not. I'm going to say it is. I remember putting mine on my pool.

The upright doesn't look bad to me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.