Foam Bottom

I had my pool installed a little under two weeks and have noticed the there are two to three areas where the 1 inch foam underlayment is gaped by approximately 1/2inch. All the dirt is settling in those areas, which is nice and easy for vacuuming however concerned about damage the liner may endure. Am I stressing over nothing. I have contacted the installer and he said he could not quaranteed absolute smooth bottom and that separation could occur. I sure hope I here ok news because that would be expensive 600.00 more dollars of water shipped in.

curious as to how you make out. I was considering using the foam as well... but was concerned about this very issue.

Also - when installing the foam on top of the compacted sand... is the top of the foam supposed to be even with the bottom rails? or if the sand is even with the bottom rails and you install to foam on top... is that ok?

We made out fine. I believe the issue was the installer cut and taped the bottom in before installing the wall. In installing the wall and readjusting as it was not situated the way I wanted it I believe it was separated then. It also was not taped enough in my opinion based on leftover tape. I was not there unfortunately and my wife did not know any different. They did not put sand down and providing you level the earth and compact it is not necessary in my opinion. I have not been in the pool yet but can say outside of the few gaps and few wrinkles left behind it is super smooth looking. I used 1 inch rigid foam.
curious as to how you make out. I was considering using the foam as well... but was concerned about this very issue.

Also - when installing the foam on top of the compacted sand... is the top of the foam supposed to be even with the bottom rails? or if the sand is even with the bottom rails and you install to foam on top... is that ok?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.