Can I Use A Hair Dryer on a Vinyl liner?

crokett

Jul 17, 2007
Hillsborough, NC
I took the cover off the pool and the bead on the liner has come loose from the track in a few spots. I tried putting it back in, but couldn't get the liner to stretch up and over the track. I wondered about using a hair dryer to warm the liner enough to get it back into the track.

Not recommended at all. Obvously the electrical applicance danger. Secondly, you could get it too hot. That said, Im sure some have done it though.

Ive seem many other folks here recommend to pour very hot water on the liner to help heat it up a bit.

I've read near boiling water to stretch the liner back into the bead track. I believe someone used a hair dryer just a few weeks ago but really, why take the chance of electrocution? So not worth it IMO!

Using heat is the way to go... but by using HOT water. :goodjob:

Yes. AGPs have a steel pool wall. The top rail is plastic and sits over pegs on the top of the posts that go around the outside of the pool wall. At least on my pool there's a groove in the bottom of the rail that fits over the pool wall. I didn't really need to take the rail off, it just made it easier to see what I was doing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.