Harmony Robotic pool cleaner and chlorine generator

First I'll just say if you're gonna spring for a salt system, get one that's got a proven reputation and a known brand that has been around awhile. I've never heard of this item and had to google it. I'm not a big fan of robot vacuums to begin with, so maybe I'm baised. Here's where I see potential problems - the robots have parts that routinely go bad, robots in general that is.

So they combined a salt generator with a vacuum. To me, screams gimmick.

Key issues for pools - pools need circulation, filtration - they need this more than they need a vacuum. You're not gonna run your vacuum all the time, and there's no way to know (because every pool is unique in terms of chlorine demand) if this unit will produce enough chlorine during the limited time a vacuum needs to operate. It may even produce too much, who knows. So now you've sprung for a very expensive toy without knowing how effective it's going to be. It's your primary source of chlorine. What happens if one of the parts that operates the robot breaks? No chlorine production. I've seen robots work fine for about a year, then they need repair. Often.

You're spending $$ on a toy, electricity to run it, electricity to run your pump... with an inline salt cell, you're already using the pump/filter which you need anyway.

It just screams gimmick to me, I dunno. Anyway, my rambling thoughts... LOL

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.