New Pool Update

I have almost been up and running for two weeks. My most recent test all have been looking good.

CYA 50 to 60 Was hard for me to judge not seeing black dot.
TA 90
PH 7.6
CC .5

Here is my question My chlorine was at 6.5 as of this morning and as of tonight after a sunny 90 degree day it was at 1.0. Is that not a big drop in one day? That means 100 oz of bleach a day. Should I up stabilizer more or see how this goes. I was expecting 20 to 40 oz per day average.

Your CYA is already at the upper end of the recommended range. That FC loss is more than you would get from just the sun. I would suggest raising the FC and doing the OCLT.

Chlorine is only lost to organics and the sun. You appeared to pass the OCLT, so I am wondering if your CYA is not a good bit lower than you think. Or a bunch of people/animals peed in your pool today ;)

I am going to try and retest this evening or tomorrow on the CYA. I am thinking that maybe it was me not reading it properly. I did only add 3lbs in trying to be careful of not going to high. If my pool is in direct sun for as longs as 7 to 8 hours what would be the recommended level? Would it be a bit higher for that reason? And lastly what is a normal drop of FC per day in this setting?

We would recommend your CYA to be around 50ppm if you have a lot of sunlight ... which is where your current test indicates, but your FC loss is contradictory.

Typically pools loose 2-3ppm of FC each day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.