Polaris 480 Pro questions

Mindflux

LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2014
Pflugerville, TX
My Polaris 480 Pro seems to always end up on the left side of the pool by the steps. I've never watched it for it's full 3 hour marathon, so I'm not sure how much time it spends over there.

Is it typical to always see your robot end up on the same side of the pool?

Also the tail has next to no motion to it. I'm not sure how it would get much scrubbing done just being dragged along?

How can I adjust these items?

Ok, so I turned up the 'dial' on the tail last night and watched the Polaris run this morning.

So far it was stuck on the steps 10 minutes. It appeared the backup valve/booster was running every 5 minutes trying to unstick it.

Before it got stuck on the steps the tail had almost no movement left to right. :confused:

I was curious, is the Polaris booster supposed to run at the same time as the pool filter pump (since they all tie into the same return lines?). Maybe the Polaris doesn't have enough PSI going to it as the Polaris starts at 8:05AM and the pool pumps dont start until 9AM.

from memory the 480 should have between 28 - 32 psi or the same in wheel revolutions 28 - 32 rpms. this can be adjusted on the valve at the wall fitting. the booster pump MUST be feed with the filter pump as its name says, Booster Pump, so the filter pump must run before the booster pump comes on and both should run together.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.