Above Water Line Sidewall Cleaning Chemical

dmcody

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 9, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
Just opened the pool and noticed how grimy the pool liner is above the water line. Same goes for the steps area which are fiberglass or plastic. I was going to use Simple Green and a sponge to clean up but thought there might be a better product out there. Any suggestions?

I don't know if this is safe for your liner but for your steps it'll probably work wonders. Just wet it and rub the steps. I tried dawn and a brush on the outside of my intex. Didn't even touch the grime. I wet this scrubby and simply swiped at the surface and it worked! No chemicals, no suds. Just water. My intex liner is thicker than a traditional vinyl liner so I had no qualms about using it on mine. The pads are very finely abrasive and so may not be safe for your liner. But for the plastic/fiberglass, I would think it'd be safe enough.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 68
I live close to an expressway and the weather here is extremely hot and humid so I end up with a lot of stuff on the side of the pool that won't scrub off with soap, water and a brush. Here's a before and after pictures showing how well this works with no chemicals at all. I've only done the top panels so far and the white band, I still need to do the bottom panels. :snorkle:

image.jpgimage.jpg

I was just over at my brother's house getting his pool started and he's got a grimey liner too. I may have to try that Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. He's not got a pattern so I'm not worried about rubbing the print off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.