TF100 vs Pool Store Results

nupoolsoon

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 7, 2008
So I sent DH to the pool store yesterday for the first time since opening our new pool one month ago. I did this more for ha-ha's than anything else, although I wanted to see what our CYA was since I have none left to test.

Let me tell you...no need to go back to the pool store. I am VERY happy with my TF100 test kit. First off my water has been problem free since the start, even when we did not have a filter for two weeks.

These were the test results in comparison....TF100 results first...pool store second.

..........TF100.........Pool Store
TC......5.5...............2.0
pH......7.5...............7.7
TA......90................82
CH......110.............177
CYA....45(approx).....48

The one thing that blew my mind was the CL level. I did not use the powder test in the morning, but used the drop test and it was a DARK yellow, but I had tested the night b/f with powder and got 3.5 and then had added 1gal of bleach b/f closing down.

The pH was off just enough for them to tell me I should lower it..but in reality it was perfect.

My husband said there were people coming in with green water begging for help...I told him he should have told them about TFP.com. If I was there, I would have said something.

Thank you TF100 and TFP!!! Love you both!!(LOL)

I once handed one of my business cards to a lady at the pool store who seemed distraught. On the back of the card I wrote "www.troublefreepool.com" and she looked at me like she thought I was nuts, gives me a polite smile.

Now I broach the subject in casual conversation, but 60% of the time people are not receptive. We were talking about it Saturday night, as a matter of fact... A friend of a friend complained about "all the money" he is spending at the pool store and "its not helping" his particular pool problem, fiberglass staining. I suggested the Vitamin C test and everyone looks at me like I'm crazy and the discussion ensues about how I belong to this forum and GASP "she puts BLEACH in her pool" like it's dog poop or something.....

Some people are willing to hear about the BBB method and other people have just been brainwashed by the pool stores and would rather spend a fortune there then take control of their pool and their pocketbooks. Whatever..... :roll:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.