intex ultra 20' setup 2nd time questions....

Jun 24, 2013
Central Illinois
So last year I got an Intex 20' ultra frame pool. After much help from this forum and the pool calculator I was able to get things balanced, stable, and working great. I also learned a lot. When I setup the pool the first time, I thought it was level, and was wrong. It was about 4 inches out of level from side to side. This year I have a spinning laser level and it will be level! I also intend to leave it up for the next few years and not take it down again.

A few questions:

A) I am thinking of not making the bottom flat. It will be level around the outside, but dropping the center down 6 or 8 inches (gradual slope mind you, not just a big hole) Has anyone done this on one of these type of pools? Any problems anyone can think of?

B) Since I do not intend on taking it back down, is there anything I should do before I put it up to ensure that it will last the next several winters?

When we put ours in we dished out the center 6 inches like you are considering. It begins to gradually slope about 2ft from the wall. Really nice to have the extra depth plus the debris all collects right in the center this way too. Ours is going on its 4th or 5th year of use and it has been left up year round from the start. So far no problems from having done it that way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.