Quick question about Hayward SP2300VSP... what should I see behind the clear cover?

Apr 7, 2012
I just installed a Hayward SP2300VSP -- I love it, however there seems to be a question as to air in my system... so I have some questions:

1) When the thing is running, should I see any space or air between the top of the clear plastic (filter housing) and the water? At times there is a A LOT of space/air in there when the pump is running... is this something I need to deal with?

2) On the actual cart. filter... there is an air bleeder... I find that after a day or two there is a decent amount of air that is released before it starts to squirt water... again... is this normal?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Pete

1) This is common on lower speeds, should be minimal on higher speeds. You don't normally need to worry about it. However a suction side air leak can present the same symptom and be a problem.
2) That is very suggestive of a suction side air leak. There should only be air in the filter right after you prime. As long as you don't lose prime, no additional air should get into the filter.

Some small amount of air accumulation in the pump might be ok on low speeds, but you should not be be getting accumulation in the filter. That points to an air leak on the suction side.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.