Is PH of 7.8 too high?

abrink

Mar 16, 2014
Orlando, FL
My PH seems to creep up to 7.8 and then remains fairly steady -- just wondering if I can leave it here provided I keep close watch.
Also, my CH is slowly trending downwards - It has gone from 275 to 225 in a month -- I suspect this is because my fill water is after whole house water softener. How low is too low before I need to raise it? (Pebbletec)

Latest Numbers:
Ph - 7.8
FC - 5
CC - 0
CH - 225
TA - 70
CYA - 70
Salt - 3600
Temp - 80

That pH is fine, especially with the CH on the lower end. you may not want to let it get too much lower. The CSI in PoolMath can give you an idea of how low is too low.

I'm in pretty much the same boat you are. My Ph gets to 7.8 and will hold there for along time. My water is also softened so I keep some calhypo around to maintain CH around 250 (also have pebbletec) and so far so good :)

The CSI in PoolMath can give you an idea of how low is too low.
Or, you can simply look at the limits in "ABC's of Pool water chemistry" in Pool School. It will tell you and should be required reading for every member of TFP. Calculating CSI is not necessary.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.