Pool capacity

Swordfish

Bronze Supporter
Aug 21, 2013
Brighton, MI
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but the math savvy probably hang around in here.

I'm over shooting a bit on my calculations and I think the pool size is wrong. Original owners say 36k. I figured 32500 or so.

I came across a diagram so I wonder if someone smarter than me could take a stab at it. Thanks!

aru4yby7.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ack.. There is a little difference... at the deep end they added a curve... A Roman something or other. It goes about another 4 ft. My guess is it was added as an option to this base style.

It is 8 ft deep in the deep end but the strange thing is I measured 8.5 feet from water surface to bottom. Maybe with the Roman end they added a diving board and more depth. But yes the curve looks like the one posted.

Thanks for your attempts!

The most reliable approach is to track the expected vs actual change in levels across a number of different chemical additions, and continue adjusting your proposed volume to minimize the overall error across all of them. There is too much potential testing error in a single addition to get very good results.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I came up with 33,000

shallow end= 800
two slopes=2016
deep end= 1600
this adds up to 4416
times 7.48 and we get 33,031

You would need a curve half the size of the shallow end to make it 36k.

Must have crossed posts because I missed yours when I replied last. The curve doesn't seem to be half the size, but I'll take a pic and see what you think.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.