Spillover spa

Jun 30, 2008
Suffolk County, NY
Hey all,

I was given a spill over spa by a friend of mine that is re-desiging his yard and getting a new one. It is a 78" X 78" spa that looks to be in pretty nice shape. I think it has about 6 jets.

I am VERY new to spas, so I have a few questions.

My pool guy told me he would install it for me for $1,400. This includes putting it in the ground and running all pipes to filter. Everything but pavers. Is this a halfway decent price, or is this a ripoff?

Also, will these jets have blowers to make tons of bubbles, or do I need to add something else for this?

Lastly, I do not know if I should put this spa all the way in the ground, or leave it sticking up about 2 feet high and put pavers all the way around it. Is there an advantage to it either way? I think I like it a little higher because it makes the spillover effect a little cooler.

Anyway, thanks for any help you guys can give me on this one. I have no idea what I am doing, but I didn't want to pass up on a free spa :)

Can't tell you about the price. Mine has 6 jets also. No blower for bubbles just two fiittings that let air into the jets. I have a 2hp 2spd Northstar pump that will blow you off the seat when you set in front of two jets. Tons of bubbles, but can't set in front of the jets for two long. Someone else can help on min. pump size for this spa.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.